N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Val

I think that what makes Looking For Alaska such a different and refreshing young adult novel is that the narrator although seemingly ordinary and normal has his own quirks& like his ability to remember peoples last words. This ability is obviously connected to the novel and is used to foreshadow and prepare readers for certain tragedy but it makes Miles Halter or Pudge interesting. Miles is a bored teenager who looking for more to life convinces his parents to let him go to a boarding school in Alabama known as Culver Creek. Miles soon realizes that Culver Creek is nothing like home in Florida when he quickly befriends his room mate named Chip or as he prefers to be called the Colonel. The colonel introduces him to the infamous and notorious Alaska who is beautiful inside and out. Her only flaw is her recklessness and Miles cant help but fall in love, the only problem is shes already taken. With friends like Alaska, the Colonel, he learns important life lessons like the pain of love, the strength in loyalty, the power of friendship and the hope that rises from tragedy. I loved this novel for its ending, which I thought, did the book more justice. The ending of the novel probably the last three pages were the best, satisfying without getting corny endings Ive read in a while.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account