Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I really wasn’t that into this book. I’m not sure what it was exactly that bothered me, but I had a really hard time wanting to read Linger. I vaguely remember feeling the same way about the first book, Shiver. However, I can truly say that I did find myself pretty interested in the plot by the end of the book.
I hate that it took so long for this plot to get going. It seemed to drag on for-ev-er. I had to make myself keep reading. Cole and Isabelle really were the only things in the book that held my interest. Sam seemed too emo and Grace was lacking whatever charisma she had in the first book. Actually, Grace and Sam were very Bella and Edward-like in this book. Really annoying. Cole, however, was different. His story is unique and very troubled, which made him a great addition to the story. Of course, Isabelle’s troubled nature kept things feisty as well. She was snarky and contemptuous, which helped cut through the overly sappy emotions coming from Sam and Grace. Thank goodness for characters with issues!
As I said, the ending was pretty darn good. It definitely has me wondering what will happen next. I went ahead and put in a request for Forever from my library, but I am prepared to send the book back if it starts off the way Linger did. I refuse to suffer through another slow beginning. In fact, I’m prepared to start asking people to give me a run-down of the final book’s plot. I have too many other lust-worthy books to read this summer. No time for Twilight repeats.
I give Linger a 3 based solely on the ending. Otherwise, this would have been a 2 all the way through.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account