Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
"The Kiss of Deception" is the story of Lia, a princess who has been betrothed for an alliance. The morning of her wedding, Lia runs away to a small township where she works as a barmaid. Both an assassin from a rival kingdom and the prince she was supposed to marry seek her out and fall in love with her.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Although advertised as fantasy, it is more of a YA romance complete with the requisite insta-love triangle. This is a formula that works, and I loved the way it was written here. It has some elements of fantasy, which really begin to increase towards the end of the book (when it really starts to get more exciting). By the end of the book, you see Lia grow from spoiled princess to princess pretending to be barmaid to woman shrouded in unfortunate circumstances, beginning to learn about the world and her place in it.

Although very predictable, I loved the romance and enjoyed Lia's journey. This is a must for fans of Sarah J. Maas and a lovely summer read!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account