N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Lori (End)

WARNING; This review may be consisting of one gushing fan girl (i.e. me) still smiling over finishing the book Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. First, may I mention, I have searched, and searched, (and can you believe searched) to find a book coming in close with my love for Stephenie Meyer's creation Twilight and of course it's sequels New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. So to pick up her book, on my day at chapters, assuming it to be just another book, with just another character, about just another "Once upon a time" and "happily ever after" love tale. Then reading it, from cover to cover in a day (simply because I couldn't even start to put it down, It was at my side the WHOLE day) and finding I had a new love, a new passion, a new insanity, was a blessed surprise. I immediately fell for the characters (cough, Owen) and Dessen's style of writing. The way she wrote the words, I felt as if you could almost read between the lines, as it were. Like there were always more then one way to look at it, it could easily be taken literally, still making a full amount of sense, or take it just as easily, metaphorically, still, making sense. It was .."profound" I guess you could more simply say. I've read it three time since, each time needing more of the relationship between Owen and Annabel. Each time wanting to be the protagonist. Each time, feeling Whitney's pain, or grinning at Kristen's bubbly-ness. Laughing at Rolly (who, by the way, is an amazing character, I couldn't get enough of him, not to mention his lovable behavior) or wanting everyone to understand what it was really like for Annabel Greene ; The one who has it all, yet nothing she needs.

In short (if you had the patience to read all that) I LOVED the book, I think if you want an enticing read, and if you loved her other works (as both Remy/Dexter and Macy/Wes make an appearance) you'll fall head over heals with this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account