N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Katie P

The book Just Listen by Sarah Dessen is amazing. When I first heard about it I was just starting to read some of her books. I had read Dreamland which was another truly exceptional book by her. When I decided to read this book I had high expectations and it did not let me down. The way its starts out immediately makes you wonder about what Annabels terrible secret is and how shes going to deal with it when she returns to school. Everything is so life like in this book. The characters are honest and have faults. Like Owen Armstrong, Owen is a reformed bad boy who relies on telling the truth to keep him out of trouble and away from fighting. He always seems so mysterious and is totally obsessed with music. The main character Annabel is another example; shes just your basic teenage girl. She starts out a shy teenage girl who on the outside appears to the world as perfect in everyway. But underneath her beautiful exterior hides layers of family trouble, betrayal, and secrets, which can be easy for many teenage girls can relate to. Also, for this is a great book for anyone out there who loves music. Music is a key part of the plot and references to a lot of older rock songs. The fast pace of the book constantly keeps you interested and begging to know what happens next. I read the entire book in one day it was so amazing. Over all this book is just a great read, its funny, life like, and easy to understand. So if youre looking for a good weekend read pick up Just Listen and you wont be disappointed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account