Review Detail

Kids Fiction 376
Family and Puzzles!
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When a family gets a random jigsaw in the mail, they aren't sure who sent it but are more than excited to complete it. They take their time to make sure each piece is where it belongs. It isn't until they reach the end that they discover the worst thing possible. A piece is missing! They search high and low, but mom fears it was thrown out, so they take a trip to find for it. When they come up with nothing, it isn't until they return home that they find it in the most unexpected of places.

JIGSAW: MYSTERY IN THE MAIL is a sweet story about a family who comes together to work on the mystery puzzle. It shows children how much fun a jigsaw puzzle can be and how it can lead to random adventures. I love how the family bonds over this puzzle because I enjoy doing them with my daughter. She thought it was funny how they looked everyone for the missing piece because we've had the same thing happen to us, only we didn't find it.

Final Verdict: Overall, this is a story to teach about family bonding and how something as simple as a puzzle can bring everyone together. The illustrations remind me of the style you would find among the comic section of a newspaper.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account