Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm a huge fan of stories that weave in surrealism in a world filled with magic and darkness. Off the bat I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of faery stories other than those by Holly Black. But with INDELIBLE I found myself drawn into the magical realm of the Twixt and the beautiful writing that flows like poetry.

I was hooked.

What worked for me:

There's some beautiful lines throughout this novel. Metcalf is able to weave in surrealism in a magical way. Her world building is fascinating as well as the characters that inhabit the world of the Twixt.

Huge kuddos to chemistry between a human and someone that's not. Loved the intensity of the relationship between Joy and Ink. There's something almost innocent with jagged edges with Ink. The darkness mingles with the light. There's danger with monsters that pop up everywhere. Ooh, and they can 'tear' through the fabric of time and place. This keeps not only Joy but the reader on guard, not sure what will happen next!

Did I mention how much I love this?

The other creatures as well as the signatura--tat-like marks that show ownership are intriguing and unique. I surrendered to this world and wanted more!

What didn't work so much for me had to the relationship with Joy's father. I almost wanted him to stumble into Ink or the others. Or at least question Joy more about her change of behavior.

But that's only a small thing. Overall, I was totally engrossed in this amazing fantasy world. Fans of Holly Black's stories will love this new series.
Good Points
1. Love the surrealism
2. Some beautiful lines throughout that read like poetry
3. Great chemistry between Joy and Ink
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
September 01, 2013
I might have to give this one a try. I'm not a fan of faeries either, but you make it sound really interesting :] My only reservation is that it almost sounds a bit like The Mortal Instruments.
1 results - showing 1 - 1