N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:

Fans of Holly Black & Melissa Marr take note: there's a new voice in dark urban fae storytelling. This story is vividly imagined, with monsters and fantastical creatures that go far beyond the normal Tolkienesque assortment usually found in fantasy. Readers who love urban fantasy dealing with the Fair Folk will relish the politics, creatures, and magical elements in INDELIBLE.

The heroine is accessible to readers and easy to like. I appreciated that she had "real life" issues (family stuff, best friend drama) going on in addition to her sudden plunge into the world of the Folk. It made her feel like a fully realized character. I also really liked her best friend. This isn't a story about a loner girl suddenly singled out by a hot magical boy. Joy is reasonably well-liked, and the fact that she was singled out by a magical creature was initially a mistake. All of that combined to make this story feel unique in a sea of fae-inspired tales.

Readers who want action, intrigue, and suspense will also enjoy INDELIBLE. There are monsters around every corner, magical booby traps, terrifying incidents, and battles. From about the halfway point, I couldn't stand to put the book down.

What Left Me Wanting More:

There were times when I was a little bit confused as to what exactly was happening in the action scenes, and it took longer to understand the rules of the world than I would've liked. Those two things kept me from fully committing to the story until the halfway point, but once I understood the world (mostly), I was able to read quickly and enjoy the story.

Final Verdict:

A unique world and a fresh take on the Fair Folk make INDELIBLE a fascinating story for fans of Holly Black and Melissa Marr.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 11, 2013
Hmmm. I'm still a little on the fence about this one. It sounds really interesting, but I haven't liked any of the urban fantasy I've read so far.
1 results - showing 1 - 1