Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ana is a Newsoul. Unlike other people living in Range, she is completely new instead of having been reincarnated many times over the last 3500 years of so. Unsurprisingly, Ana is considered different, even a bad omen. Her mother hates her. Her father abandoned her as an infant. And everyone blames her for the disappearance of Ciana, the soul she has "replaced."

Of course, none of this is her fault. When Ana sets out to live her own life after 18 years of abuse from her mother, she only finds misfortunes. First, she realizes that her mother had given her a broken compass and she has traveled in the wrong direction. Then, in the middle of the night as she tries to sleep in the forest, she is attacked by sylph. As a last resort, she jumps off a cliff to avoid the sylph fire. But luck finds her, when Sam saves her from the cold water and brings her back to health.

I love how we learn about the city of Heart and this world through Ana's eyes. Everything is new to her, since she has lived a sheltered life. Jodi Meadows is a genius for having created this world and I love how she has depicted it. She added so many enticing things to her world: Dragons, Masquerade, Butterfly, Music, Mitts... just to name a few.

Although, it would be great to be reincarnated over and over again, I can't imagine how hard it would be to always try to surpass your previous self. Like Sam, I think I would get bored with some things and try to learn more, every reincarnations.

Wonderful debut novel. I can only expect things to get better in this series. A must read YA book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account