Review Detail

inspiring and educational
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

I'M A BLACK HOLE is a clever and engaging picture book that teaches children about black holes through rhyme. The book is told from the perspective of a black hole, giving information through a poem. Backmatter includes more detailed information about black holes for readers who want to learn more.

What I loved: This is such a great way to introduce black holes to young readers. The rhythmic and rhyming text is fun to read aloud and manages to provide a good deal of information. The backmatter supplements this with more details for readers who are curious to learn more. Even as an adult, I felt like there was a lot to learn about black holes and found it quite engaging.

Stunning, lush images are found on each page, related to the text. They really capture the imagination and add to the story quite a bit. Each page spread only includes a few lines of text, so the book can move very quickly. With the detailed illustrations, there is a lot to explore and enjoy throughout. Due to the length of the book, this could work well for preschoolers and up, with options to expand their learning through the backmatter and/or additional material. This would be a great pick in a classroom or group setting as well.

Final verdict: Educational and entertaining, I'M A BLACK HOLE is an informative and rhyming picture book that will inspire learning and curiosity in young readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account