Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Lo and behold, the book that put me into a reading slump for a while because I couldn’t find anything that could top how amazing this book was and how much I enjoyed it.

Illuminae is CRAZY GOOD. It has an excellent plot and the pacing is good. It’s told in documents, IMs and other tech stuff which made the reading experience loads of fun!

The characters were strong which somehow made it typical for a sci-fi/dystopian novel. Ezra and Kady reminded me of Percy and Annabeth thrown into a sci-fi/dystopian situation. They’re very likeable and I loved their chemistry together. The romance between them was so natural that I sometimes found it too cheesy for my liking.

My favorite character though is James McNulty. His humor was the best and I loved his banter with Ezra. It was such a comic relief! Besides that, I could really describe him as strong, smart and BRAVE. He’s such a noble man.

The twists and turns of the novel were really amazing and it added depth towards the plot. I loved every single second of reading the book! The narration and writing style of both authors were unique, although I’m not sure which author wrote which character haha!

I’m definitely looking forward to the next books of the series. This book has been on everyone’s TBR, including mine of course, so once the book hit our local shelves, I could not resist buying it. Good thing it lived up the hype!
Good Points
Excellent characters, amazing storyline, unique writing style
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account