Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I never thought I'd feel this way after reading the book. I didn't feel the connection in an instant the moment I started reading the book but as the story progressed, it pulled me towards it. It was heartbreaking, compelling and poignant. There's reality in it no matter how rare those things happen in real life. The emotions were there and the characters were tangible. Everything felt real.

I love how Murdoch maintained few characters and avoided a circus out of it. It was more believable because of Carey's background. The way each scenes rolled out was well-paced. It built suspense and makes you wanna read faster but at the same time, I felt like I wanna be suspended in time and slowly take it all in. It contributed to the right emotion I felt while I was reading Carey's confession.

The characters were amazingly written. I loved each of them, even Delaney! Among all of them, my favourite would be Melissa. I have read tons of books, fairy tales even, and step-mothers don't have a clean record but Melissa was so nice and motherly. She makes me wanna curl up beside my mother and make her read to me some stories.

Jenessa's vulnerability is heart-wrenching. If this was a movie, I'm pretty sure you'd see it in their eyes how they lost they were. Carey too. She acts tough and fearless for the sake of her sister but underneath it is a girl who's afraid and clueless on what to do next.

This is story will break your heart, but you'll love it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account