N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Julie M. Prince

Avas heart is broken. Jackson is dead. They were so in love, and now hes gone. The worst part is, its all her fault.

Hes on her mind constantly, so when Jackson first appears to 15-year-old Ava, she thinks shes losing it. She knows her family and friends would think so, too, if she told them she could smell his aftershave and that when no one else is around, he plays songs for her on the CD player. So, she keeps to herself and carries on secret trysts with her ghostly boyfriend, hearing his faded words in her thoughts. Shes just glad hes still around. Sort of.

This is an innovative book in verse. Avas voice comes through so clearly, its easy to ride waves of emotion with her, especially in this unique format.

I read it in one sitting, mostly because I couldnt keep from turning pages. Avas feelings seemed so real they were nearly tangible. I wanted to find out what would happen next. If Jacksons ghost was really there. If Ava was really guilty of his death. I had to know what was on the next page.

Long after finishing it, this book is still haunting me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account