Page to Screen to Alien Doom
(Updated: June 16, 2013)
Overall rating

Acting

Story

Effects

Dialogue

Adaptation Quality

Okay so I admit I read this book long before I found out it was made into a movie. It was one of those first additions where no other info is added about anything really. Just you know the cover with the strange symbol and the story.

So on to the movie? Initially I had been impressed. Four was awesome, Six totally rocked and they started off with a nice intro on the situation our dear actors are in. Things blew up and people had powers with these insane cimera things which were actually animated really well.

The angles were decent and the lighting worked for the moods. I digress that the short montage training thing didn't bode out well and the relationships were more touch and go. Nothing really built up and it was boring. Thus some scenes did not work well like the rescue. Well actually a lot of things were hard to connect if you think about it objectively. Here we sit with a bunch of stuff thrown at us and we have no idea how to really chew through it.

I guess I expected just as much attention to detail and layout in the movie as in the book. I don't think though that the rest of the series will be adapted as Lore's brilliant 'I am number four' quickly went in a downwards spiral with his next two books. It's like everything just started falling apart and there were just to many things that needed to be processed in to short a time.

Over all a great movie. Some witty dialogue, hot actors, a damsel in distress, things that go boom and baddies that get their asses kicked. Who doesn't like that?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 16, 2013
I really enjoyed this book
1 results - showing 1 - 1