Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I had chosen to read this book for my English class, where we will have to do activities based around the characters. The theme was meant to be fantasy, and I had so many fantasy books just sitting on my shelves. I thought that it was maybe time to try Howl's Moving Castle, which had been sitting there for years and totally covered in dust.

I think that this story is different to many of the books that I have ever read, mainly because the main character was a girl who got changed into an old lady accidentally. I have never read anything like this before, sure I have read ones where the main character's best friend does, but nothing close to this.

I thought that the book didn't really explain the reasons behind what happened in the book. I read a page, and the story jumps from one event to another without any warning, and I re-read the whole thing again, and flicking back to see if I had skipped a page or something. I think that the author should of slowed the story down to work on the characters more.

I think it was strange introducing the Wales thing into the book, and it didn't really help the book in anyway, just made it slightly more confusing. It had no relevance to the storyline, and it upset my train of thought when we found Sophie in a car, when she was in a kingdom with carriages a second before.

I think that this book has won awards since it is full of creativity, crazy characters, and sense of humor. Children from the ages of 8+ will enjoy this book full of colours, magic and hats.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account