Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a tremendous debut teen novel for Mr. Myers! His characters are realistic, and Myers’ is able to weave a story which does not disappoint. Sawyer is a child who is in a situation of life after death, a drowning that occurred some years passed during World War II. A haunting tale with a supernatural twist that starts out innocently enough, and is able to chronicle the friendship that develops between Tyler and Sawyer with events that turn back the hands of time to World War II. Throughout the novel the two boys piece together snippets of information and together discover what truly happened so many years ago. Tyler must help Sawyer stay alive as they discover the disturbing truth about his past life that puts him in danger in the present. Thus unfolds this teen tale of heroism, darkness, light, and hope.
This novel is geared towards children ages 11-14 and is now a part of my classroom library collection. I’ve had a couple of students in my classroom who have finished the book and we are all looking forward to Myers’ next novel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account