Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first saw this book I though to myself, "It's so big! Am I really going to finish it?" As I started to read this book, I didn't realized how much I would like it, more like love it. It's been two days since I've read it and cannot stop thinking about it. I just had to write a review to let others know how much I loved Grave Mercy. Did I mention I stayed up till 4 A.M to finish it? Crazy huh? This book was so big that I thought I wasn't going to finish it, but as I got towards the ending of this book, I wanted it to never end. *The book should've been a lot bigger!!* LOL

Who would've thought of assassin nuns? Really? The two main characters in this story were amazing! Ismae , the kick-ass heroine that doesn't depend on others, can easily kill, and determined to achieve her assignment. Yet, when Gavriel touches her she feels warmth and loses her thoughts. Ahh, Gavriel! So loyal, protective, and swoon worthy! Who can forget someone like that? In the story, he goes out of his ways to protect and save his sister. His loyalty to his sister never falters. And that is what made me fall in love with him, that and the way he is with Ismae. =)

I love how the relationship between Ismae and Gavriel slowly developed throughout the book. It wasn't love at first sight, and that's what I really love about it. It made their relationship that much more real and believable. They obviously didn't like each other at first but had to work with one another to reach the main goal, and that was to protect Duchess Anne, Gavriel's younger sister. Every little scene they had with each other in this book was just so...sweet and cute.

The secondary characters were also awesome. Duchess Anne, so young, yet so mature for her age. The struggles she has to go through at such a young age makes me feel so sorry for her that her father would dangle her like fish bait.. Beast and De Lornay, I would assume, best friends of Gavriel. They both brought a bit of humor into the story.

Grave Mercy has so many twists and turns that I had to keep guessing who the real traitor was. I love how the book has action, romance, history, politics, and suspense. The book is so amazing and beautifully written. This world that Robin created has sucked me in and made me fall in love with the characters. After I finished reading the book, I realized I'd have to wait until Spring 2013 for Dark Triumph, the second book in His Fair Assassin Series. And it's so long from now!!! AHHHH!

Over all, I give this book a FIVE STAR and would definitely recommend this series to friends and family. Thank you so much Robin for writing such a wonderful book and creating a world and characters that people will definitely fall in love with. =)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account