Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have been on a contemporary kick lately, so I wasn't initially drawn to GRAVE MERCY. Although, after reading several great reviews, I decided I had to check it out for myself. I loved this book! The first night I started reading, I had crazy dreams about the characters in this book.

I was immediately drawn to Ismae, she is the kind of female lead that makes you want to keep reading. She is strong, loyal, and independent enough to do what she knows is right. She is trained to kill, and she does but she also respects truth and honesty. She also learns to love. Duval is a mystery right from the beginning. When Ismae is sent to court with him, she cannot figure out if he is really who he says he is. Duval claims his loyalty to the duchess but information she has received from her convent may prove otherwise. Ismae's personal strength is shown as she goes on her own quest for the truth.

I loved that Robin LaFevers kept me guessing throughout the novel. Every time I thought I had figured out the traitor to the duchess, there was another twist. I'm glad I felt the story play out through Ismae's eyes, I never felt like I was waiting for the story to catch up with me.

I am excited to see how this series plays out. I cannot wait for the second book!
Good Points
Two words: assassin nuns
World-building
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
November 09, 2013
If I remember correctly, this book is huge, so maybe I should consider listening to it on audio. I'm always wary of books that are historical because they generally aren't my favorite, but I have heard amazing things about Grave Mercy.
1 results - showing 1 - 1