N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Crimin

What do you get when you combine a fantastical adventure with the most sickening bad-guys lurking around in the shadows?  Wait, hold on.  And a pinch of Daemons, a rough-housed heroine that doesnt take any crap, and an organization that threatens to destroy the most sacred of bonds. . . Now, what do you get?

Roughly, The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman, though his tale also contains talking bears, gypsies, and a portal to another world through the Aurora.  But you get the idea.

My friend Nicole read this (and the other two) book near Christmas and fell in love with it enough to literally chuck the tome at my head and shout, Read this or Ill disown you!  So, being the friend (and coward) I am, I picked it up and read it.

And, holy crickets!  It was amazing!  I adore Lyra and her down-to-earth wit and stubbornness. And her darling Pan oh! It made me wish for my own Daemon!  The whole organization thing made me feel sick though and youll understand when you pick this up to read it.

Im being serious. Drop what you have now and pick up this book!  You will be thanking me afterward!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account