Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
OH MY DONUTS!!
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!
It made me think one thing then another then another and completely twist it around
Life. Death. Life. Death
AND THE ENDING!
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!
SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
I know i'm not making much since but the point is...
THIS BOOK WAS EPIC!

At first I wasn't exactly expecting a whole lot from this book. When I saw the word werewolves I literally groaned. Lately werewolves have been overplayed, only second to vampires. But the thing is that this book was completely original. Its different than those cliche werewolf novels that have been going around lately.

Let me explain
The book begins when Makenzie's (or Mac as she is usually called)best friend, Amy, is murdered by a white werewolf that has killed 3 other people and injured others giving them Lupine Syndrome.

What is Lupine Syndrome?
It is a virus passed on by a werewolf by a scratch or a bite. If you get scratched or bitten by a werewolf you get Lupine Syndrome(or LS for short)after about 30 days you eventually are able to shift into a wolf.

This all started about 12 years before the book begins when werewolves were found to actually exist causing paranoia and hysteria. Werewolves are thought to be entirely evil and dangerous.
And that's where the Trackers come in.
The Trackers are like vampire slayers only with werewolves. Although their job isn't exactly to terminate them but they do kill them if they don't "cooperate". No, their job is to take them to the rehab for werewolves which they will live their whole lives away from regs or regular people.
Basically this book reminds me of racism on steroids

Anyway...
Back to the main story
Amy's grandpa (who happens to be a senator) calls for the Trackers for them to look for the werewolf that killed Amy. But Mac doesn't trust the Trackers and decides to search for the truth herself. Discovering more truths than she ever thought she was going to find....

The only things I did not like this book was the few cliches (I hate cliches)
for example: the jealous girlfriend, and goodbye note

But I literally jumped with joy throughout the book because I didn't find any love triangles!
HOORAY!
But sadly I feel that there will be a dreaded love triangle in the next book. :(
DUN! DUN! DUN!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Another thing I need to mention is the ending
It's not exactly a cliffhanger (and I absolutely hate cliffhangers!)
but it's very close to one.
But it's not like all the main character's fiends are trapped in a burning building with demons on the loose and no magic (if you know what book i'm talking about CONGRATS!)
So that's a relief

For a very short recap....
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account