Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Heir of Fire is a great third installment to the Throne of Glass series. It continues our journey through each character's life after Celaena left for Wendlyn courtesy of Chaol who didn't quite understand where he had "tossed" his friend until she actually left.

I really love this new, undiscovered world along with the people and dangers within. Even the new characters have their own type of charm... and yes, that includes Rowan. Though everyone seems to be girling over the brute of a Fae, I seem to still have my eyes on Chaol regardless of what previously happened between him and Celaena. However, going on through the story, I've learned to love Rowan in his ... Fae ways (I suppose).

This book wasn't slow as some people say it was... at least, in my opinion, it wasn't. However, I really could have done without the new character perspective of Mannon and the witches. Sure, it gave some insight as to what was happening while Celaena was away and the others were unaware of how dangerous the King was becoming, but I feel like that story stretched on and I had to continue fighting the urge to skip those pages. One thing that I really did love about the Mannon story was that it revealed what happened with Ansel (I wonder what will happen if Celaena should cross paths with her now).

The ending was great and full of action, making you want to read more right away. Alas, when I first read this book, it literally had just came out and I had to wait this agonizingly long just for Queen of Shadows to come out. I was up until 4AM reading this because I really wanted to finish it. I really can't wait to see what Celaena does next and if she finds out what happened to everyone at the castle. I want to know if (SPOILER) the king of assassins actually has this wyrdkey.
Good Points
- The world building
- The action!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account