Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Okay, if you've read most of my reviews, you know I'm a huge fan of books that deal with fallen angels. So, I was really excited to read this book and I was hooked from page 1. Heather Burch has a fantastic writing style. Her words and chapters flow so well and I honestly could not put the book down. I started it one afternoon and my family had to pry it out of my hands for dinner that evening and then I picked it right back up and finished that night!

Nikki is a head strong seventeen year old who is not only confident and courageous, but is also a great role model for young girls. She doesn't just sit idly by and let a boy take care of her. She also stands up for herself, even when a pack of wolves are chasing her. She also discovers she has a unique power of her own. I found that refreshing because it wasn't just the boys/men who had some sort of "super" power.

Raven, Mace and Vine are fantastic characters. Raven is your typical bad boy. Mace is the good boy, and Vine is the newbie enjoying the ride. Wait, did I mention they are fallen angels? *squee* When the three angels save Nikki, not only does she intrigue them all but they are called to protect her. Raven finds himself having feelings he didn't even know he could have and Mace is falling head over heals for her, but neither one can do anything about it, or they will be destined to live an eternity in Hell. Vine is the newest, and youngest, member of the group and he is just enjoying everything this "life" has to offer. When Nikki starts learning their secrets, they must decide is they should tell her and allow her to help, or simply protect her, no matter the cost.

This book had me on the edge of my seat. I wanted things to happen that just couldn't happen and it was killing me. I adored Mace. He is a gentlemen, caring and an all around good guy, er angel. Raven is annoying and bad, but still has that intriguing pull to him. Part of me wanted Nikki to go for him instead of Mace. A teeny tiny part of me.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. So much that when I finished I wanted to cry knowing that I have to wait awhile for the second book. I'm sure it will be worth the wait! I highly recommend this book, especially if you are a fan of books with fallen angels in them!
Good Points
Fallen Angels, Forbidden Love, Bad Boys, Good Boys, and all boys in between
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account