Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I actually won an eARC of this book via twitter, so I was super excited to get to reading and find out all about Greta and Goblin King! I was not disappointed. The book starts off with Greta tracking down a beast who has kidnapped a young goblin boy. As it turns out, Greta is the only human in a beastly world, and she has to hide her humanity or face being killed. Greta hunts down the beasts that have fully given over to the pull of the moon and become true monsters, and collects a reward for their heads. She soon learns that Isaac, the Goblin King is following her. He seems to follow her everywhere, even in her dreams. While she feels a certain pull to him, she knows she shouldn't trust him. I loved their story line. I liked Isaac's character a lot, and really enjoyed the scenes the two of them shared.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Greta is a fantastic heroine. She thinks she is selfish, but she isn't. She knows how to take care of herself and does a great job of taking care of others in the process. She is a great role model for young girls. She doesn't whine and she doesn't need a man to fulfill her life. I loved that about her. She wasn't pining away after some guy and that was all she could think about. No, she did her job, protected others, and yet fought her feelings for Isaac. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of romance, I just didn't feel it was the center of the book and I really appreciated that. I think there's a time and place for romance, and while it's definitely a big part of this book, it's not the central theme. Greta isn't defined by her feelings for Isaac, but by how she is able to take care of herself, care for others and put others first. A wonderful lesson we can all learn from.

I enjoyed the pace of the book as well. I was never bored, and honestly felt like the book flew by too quickly. I definitely want more of Greta and her world. A must read for those of you who enjoy fantasy romance. I give much love for Greta and the Goblin King!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account