Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I heard a lot about this book via twitter, so when it became available via Edelweiss to read and review, I snatched it up. However, I didn't realize that it was the second book of a series. I was, however, able to pick it right up and read straight through without having read the first book. Aimee Carter does a great job of recapping enough that I didn't feel completely lost throughout the book. I also enjoyed this book enough that now I'm curious about the first book and plan to read it.

I thought Kate's character needed to, in a sense, "man up" a bit and call Henry out on his behavior. I realize he is the god of the Underworld, but my goodness. I was so sad for her and really didn't like Henry's character, at first. I found it a bit odd how she was so brave and had no reservations about putting her life on the line for those she loves, however couldn't bring herself to talk to Henry about how he was behaving. I guess that's pretty true to real life in a lot of relationships though. I also wondered why Kate would put herself out there for the gods when they really weren't very nice to her. Maybe I would understand that more if I read the first book. I was very happy when I finally learned why Henry was behaving so terribly and was grateful that even though he is a 'god', he has insecurities, too.

I thought Aimee did a great job writing and helping me to visualize her world. I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading the first book and then the next book.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account