Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Glitch by Heather Anastasiu, for me, was one of those books that is frequently overlooked and frequently ignored. I must had looked at that shelf, where Glitch sits quietly, a million times before drawn in by the title. Mostly I was drawn to the title because of The Iron King series. (A character named Glitch was in it).

Even though the synopsis sounds complicated, Glitch was a cleverly written book with an understandable setting and characters. The plot was ingenious, with plenty of twist and turns. The twist was shocking and delighted me to no end. The ending was so surprising that I'm tempted to give readers of this review a taste of the cliffhanger. The dialects to the future setting were a nice addition to the story. I was hoping to see more of the 'cracking' (future slang) and interesting words/terms.

Zoe was interesting, although she was a little too ignorant for my tastes. (I prefer main characters like Alex Rider or something like that). She was naive in the beginning of Glitch and sometimes that unlucky side of her personality shined through later in Glitch. Zoe was a little lost and was trying to find her place in the world. She wanted to find other people with the same malfunction problems. She wanted to know that she is not alone. Overall, Zoe was a good character and narrator.

Adrien was the cute boy and spy/sleeper agent in Glitch. He was smart and intelligent. I wanted to know more about him, but Heather Anastasiu didn't put much infomation/character background on Adrien. Let's just hope that Adrien doesn't turn into a classic James Bonds in the sequels.

Max was careless and protective of Zoe in Glitch. I felt that Max was a little too harsh and tough-guy. He was mean, rude, and ruthless. He was like Eric from the Divergent trilogy. Unfortunately, Max was the other boy in the triangle. (I don't see how is Max appealing.)

The love triangle was something I have to mention. Max and Zoe were kind of in love or at least Zoe felt sisterish to Max. But Max was totally and absolutely in love with Zoe. Zoe loved Adrien, but she forgot about him through some memory change. Adrien loved Zoe back, so Glitch doesn't really have a love triangle at the end. In the middle, Glitch does. (But then Max did something terrible, so terrible. Horrible. Shocking.)

Rating: Four out of Five
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account