Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was waiting for AGES to borrow this book, I couldn't find it at my local library so I begged my parents to drive me all the way to another one. I never regret it though, it's an absolutely beautiful ending to a beautiful series.

I love the characters, and I thought it was great that Maggie let us read in more than one character's point of view, it really gave a sense of connection to all the characters.

At the start of the book, Grace is the wolf watching silently from the woods and Sam is the one waiting for her to shift back into human form - to become Grace again. She shifts back a few times, as they do when they are unstable, and narrowly misses Sam each time she does. Back at home though, everyone is blaming Sam for Grace's disappearance and, when a girl mysteriously dies at the hands (nope, maybe paws) of a wolf (Shelby), the wolves' lives hang in the balance as a massive hunt gets underway.

As I said before, it was a beautiful ending to a beautiful series, but the ending made me kind of sad, with all the goodbyes, and I had a couple of questions at the end. Like: did the cure even work? I mean it probably did but I wasn't really sure. And another: so what happened afterwards? And another: So what happened to all the wolves?

I wish Maggie had made an epilogue at the end to show us what happened afterwards, maybe with Cole and Isabel (definitely together) working together to protect all the wolves, or just... being together. And maybe something to show what would happen to all the wolves. And what happened to Sam and Grace, like maybe they finish college together, Sam pursues his music career, with Grace by his side. Forever.

But those are just trivial things really. I mean maybe Maggie wanted us to fill in the gaps with our imagination. This is one of those books that will keep you thinking about it for ages after you've finished. Everyone should read it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account