Review Detail

Firsts and Lasts
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What worked: First off, I'm a huge fan of short story anthologies. They're perfect for those who are on the go and don't have time and/or want to read long novels. FIRSTS AND LASTS is an engaging collection of fiction shorts that go over new experiences and final moments experienced by teens before they go on their journeys toward becoming adults. So many great authors in this collection as well!

Some of my favorites:

Firsts:

THE FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE by Monica Gomez-Hira shares the time a teen gets ready to start college and her experience meeting her roommate. I totally related to this story, remembering my own experience of going away to a university and knowing no one there.

THE FIRST TIME WE BURIED A BODY by Tess Sharpe shows the aftermath of a girl helping another one out in a horrific event.

THE FIRST BREAKUP by Anna Meriano is one of having the courage to realize it's okay not to settle.

LASTS:

THE LAST PURITY BALL by Joy McCullough shows a girl who puts everything into being someone and then finds out the truth later on.

THE LAST TIME I SAW HER ALIVE by Diana Urban has a twist on how far someone goes to get what they want.

Other stories in this book include paranormal hints and ones that are sure to resonate with readers.

Entertaining collection of short stories with something for everyone.

Good Points
1. Engaging collection of short stories
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account