Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
LOIS LANE by Gwenda Bond is a book that has been on my to-read list for a while, and I was terrified to start it because I was afraid of disappointment.

In LOIS LANE, we meet Lois as a teenager starting a new school and resolving to stay out of trouble, make some friends, and really settle into her new life in Metropolis after moving constantly due to her dad's position in the Army.

On the first day at her new high school, Lois stumbles onto a bullying problem at her school and accepts a position as a student reporter that gives her the opportunity to investigate and take care of that problem.

And so it begins...

First, let it be known that I love comic books (though I'm not the committed fan like a lot of my family members), and I love many of the strong female characters that can be found in them despite a lot of the sexist stuff that exists in the comic book world. So I had incredibly high hopes for LOIS LANE--especially knowing that an author that I know and like was writing it.

That said, I confess that I was a little concerned for the first few chapters of LOIS LANE. I couldn't get into the rhythm of the book, and I was afraid it was going to be another YA book with a bit of action and a LOT of love story.

Thank goodness that ended up not being the case. Once the setting of the story was established, LOIS LANE was almost non-stop action and suspense. There were moments when the story slowed a bit, and I didn't like the way Superman (Smallville Guy) was incorporated into the story, but overall, this was a really good addition to the YA action genre and I look forward to the next in what I hope will be a series.
Good Points
A good addition to the YA action genre

A strong female protagonist

Great action and suspense
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account