N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:
Falling Into Place is a contemporary novel I've had my eye on since its release, so I'm glad I finally picked it up and read it. I can see why readers have been praising it and the author as a fresh new voice in contemporary YA.

First I have to talk about the prose, because it is quite simply beautiful. Stark, emotional, and lovely, the writing style of the novel kept me turning the pages. It was just so easy to read such pretty words. The author is a truly gifted writer and I can't wait to see what she writes next.

This is not a book with a likable protagonist. Liz Emerson has treated people terribly over her life and at times I found it difficult to sympathize with her, but I also think this made her feel realistic. She's not perfect, and her struggles take a toll until she feels she has only one option.

What Left Me Wanting More:
While the choice of narrator was definitely unique, it ended up feeling too much like a gimmick to me. I think I would've been able to sympathize with the main character more if I had been directly in her head. And while you do get to see different facets of the characters, at times they read as one dimensional to me.

The Final Verdict:
Falling Into Place will appeal to readers who love realistic contemporary novels with beautiful writing and heartbreaking moments.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account