N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wow. What a complete waste of paper.

The last time I checked, a "novel" was more than two-hundred measly pages of huge text and lots of chapter breaks. Calling this tiny thing a "novel" is ridiculous, as is pricing it at $15.99. Luckily, I got it on sale at Target, so it wasn't too expensive, but I totally want my money back after reading it.

Also, the last time I checked, a novel in a series was supposed to advance the overall plot. At least a little. In FALLEN IN LOVE, the word "plot" is nonexistent. Cute, sappy valentine's day stories aren't enough to satisfy your readers, Kate. The franchise doesn't need to be milked any more. Honestly, I would've rather gotten RAPTURE after a normal nine-month period than wait another three for this piece of crap to be released.

The first story in FALLEN IN LOVE is the story of Miles and Shelby. This was my favorite (and the only one I actually liked). So much of it was backstory and background and description, and so little of it was actual character development, plot, you know, stuff a book needs to thrive? Even though I liked the romance between Shelby and Miles, I wasn't completely enthralled about everything else.

The second story in the book is the story of Roland. I also liked his story, but I wouldn't consider it a love story. ****Partial Spoilers**** Maybe a heartbreak story, but that's crossing the line. He talks a lot about his lost love and feels sad and stalks her and in the end, just realizes that (view spoiler). *Gag*

The third story is Arianne's story, which I wasn't crazy about. Fourth was the valentine's story of Luce and Daniel. That's right, the ones the whole series are devoted to. I don't know why this was necessary; the entire FALLEN series is their perpetual and gag-worthy love story. This story I mostly skipped over.

At the end of the book is a snippet of the next (and last, thank God) book in the Fallen series, RAPTURE. I will admit I was really excited for this. FALLEN IN LOVE was a huge disappointment, and I thought I'd like the RAPTURE sneak-peek more.

I didn't.

It was boring, and I skipped over a lot of it. I hope the book reads more smoothly than the excerpt that was included, because if that's how the rest will be, I'm not so excited for it anymore.

FALLEN IN LOVE was a big disappointment in the world of FALLEN. Hopefully RAPTURE will redeem it a little bit.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account