Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I read a teaser of EVERY DAY from the BUZZ BEA ebook from Netgalley and knew I had to read this novel! I was bummed I wasn't able to snatch a galley at ALA this last June but I ended up preordering a copy from my local Barnes and Noble.

Let's just say the book fulfilled all my expectations and more!

I totally loved this story! 'A' starts every day in a different body, different gender. Sure, you're not sure what gender 'A' is but it's like the author states in the novel:

...I have never fallen in love with a gender. I have fallen for individuals...

That's the beauty of this novel. You don't see 'A' as a gender but rather an individual especially when 'A' falls for Rhiannon and tries to keep the connection no matter which body 'A' is in at the time.

This story also opened up some questions. What responsibility does 'A' to the host body? In one scene, 'A' ends up in a girl's body who not only is suicidal but maps out the different ways to do it. 'A' freaks and calls Rhiannon, asking what to do. What Rhiannon says had me ponder the whole ethical matter here.

Also apparently 'A' has always jumped into different host bodies. I couldn't help but wonder more about the backstory about how this all started. Toward the end of the novel, there's more hinted at. I kind of hope the author will write at least a novella to show us a little more of this world.

And this world is amazing and fascinating! Each different host is the same age and in basically the same geologically area. Then 'A' makes a mistake and the one host Nathan calls what happened demonic possession.

Beautifully written with a premise that is part Quantum Leap, part Time Traveler's Wife. I happened to love the cliffhanger like ending which teases readers that there might be more to 'A's future. I do admit, the ending totally took me by surprise and is bittersweet. But then again I love stories like that. And I love EVERY DAY which is a fascinating look into 'A's journey that starts each day in a different body with different problems/issues.
Good Points
1. Wow, just wow
2. Think Quantum Leap meets Time Traveler's Wife
3. Great pacing, plot work
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
September 04, 2012
I. Want. This. So. Bad.
So intriguing.