Review Detail

3.9 12
Young Adult Fiction 1052
Interesting look at what matters most in love.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is one of those books that some people love while others are left to ponder all of the unanswered questions they still have. *points to self* This is certainly an interesting story, well written and the characters are engaging but I honestly don't know how I feel about it. The idea that love knows no boundaries, defies physical appearances, constant change etc. is all good stuff but it doesn't always work out like that. When you love someone you're supposed to focus more on their inner self and the outward shouldn't matter as much but it still matters. (If my husband woke up tomorrow and was suddenly a woman, it.would.matter.)

It bothered me not to know whether "A" was a boy or a girl at his/her core but it bothered me more to not know how "A" came to be. I also felt like all of the other stories we were getting glimpse's of were left hanging. It seemed a lot to keep track of along with the complexities of the love story that was taking place. I'm a big fan of closure and I don't need a "Happily Ever After" ending but this one had me asking, "That's it? What happens now?"
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 3

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account