Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Lately I've read a few books with twists on the Greek Myth of Persephone. I have enjoyed them all, so I was really excited to read this book. It did not disappoint.

Like the books similar to it, we have a Hades like character (Cole), and a Persephone (Nikki). The book centers on these two characters (obviously) and Nikki's earthly boyfriend, Jack. Cole is mysterious, kind of selfish and later on we get to see a bit of a more vulnerable side of him, which I really liked. Nikki is a confused teenager, but in the end finds her way and becomes sure of herself and head strong. I adored Jack. He is in love with Nikki and would do anything for her and is completely heartbroken that she left him six months ago (and he doesn't know where she went!).

Upon coming back up to earth from the Everneath, Nikki is in a fragile state. She chose to go there with Cole and was there for 100 years (though in earthly time it was only six months). She has now decided to return to Earth to say her final goodbyes to her family and friends, she only has six months.

I really enjoyed the journey the book took me on. At first I was confused because the book back tracks and we get the back story through the entire book, not right at the beginning. So, I was afraid it was a sequel or something, but it's not! It's the first book of the series, so if at first you are confused, keep reading, it will make sense.

I had no problem rooting for Nikki and Jack. I love their relationship and loved reading about their relationship before she went to the Everneath. It only makes Nikki's relationship with Cole pale in comparison. However, I did enjoy reading the parts where Cole shows his vulnerability and I honestly felt a little sad for him. Only a little bit.

The only thing that I thought was a bit confusing about the book was the writing style, but as I mentioned before the more you read the more you understand. So, even though I was a bit confused in the beginning, the book itself is not confusing. When I got to the end of the book I appreciated this writing style and thought it very unique!

I cannot wait to see where book 2 takes us. The end of this book was heartbreaking and I'm anxious to see what happens next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account