Review Detail

4.5 3
Young Adult Fiction 257
Good second book that kept my attention.
I wanted to read this one because I enjoyed the romance with Nikki and Jack in the first as well as the premise and nothing like the second books, lol.
This one actually managed to keep going from the last and although I felt a couple of sections were a little repetitive, it kept a good pace and my attention. The roles are reversed because of Jack's sacrifice at the end of the last book and knowing the truth about where he is, Nikki searches high and low for a solution to get to the Everneath and rescue him. This isn't as easy as it may sound, and to me still kinda impossible, but she is so dedicated to trying, and just receives dead ends and bad news at every turn.
But I really admired her dedication and loyalty. I can totally feel her guilt and grief over what Jack did for her, and given how things played out, and it was her that should be there, it doesn't really get any easier for her.
This was a pretty action packed book, as Nikki tries to find Jack along with some unexpected helpers. She has to face the shades as well as some of her own fears and insecurities because there are lots of things in the everneath that feed on emotions and that will give you a skewed view of things.
The ending was wild and I have some suspicions about the changes in one of the characters and was completely taken aback by the actions of another character and if you look back over the story you see how far back the deception went and I was just beginning to gain some more respect.
I can't wait for time to read the conclusion and I am thankful it is already released.

Bottom Line: Good second book that kept my attention.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account