N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Feedback

I was so excited to continue this series. There was so much that happened in book one which I needed answers for. It wasn’t just about finding the murderer of Saul, but hiding Britta’s channeler’s ability and saving the Kingdom of Malam. This world has so much going on and I was hooked. In this book, there are more pressing matters. Since Britta saved King Aodren, they had become linked and the pull that she felt towards Cohen is now directed at Aodren, and he feels the same. Lord Jamis and Phelia escaped and in order to save all of Malam they need caught.There is a lot of emotional and physical demands in this book, which work perfectly together. I really enjoyed this book because we were able to see more of the troubles in Malam. Like the previous books, there are other issues besides the main plot. In some points I have found this approach to not be successful but Summerill makes it fit together perfectly. The subplots are not overwhelming nor do they take away from the main plot in the story. Her writing has them enhance the storyline tremendously.

Again, I love the characters. I am in love with Britta and Cohen. Seeds, are they perfect for each other. Especially when Cohen calls Britta ‘Dove’ - ugh my heart. Their dynamic is everything. I was really happy that we were able to get Cohen’s point of view in this book, and it was definitely necessary. Along with a new point of view from Cohen, we also get Aodren. I am glad that she didn’t focus on Aodren perspective but it was nice to read from his point of view as well. Since Britta and Aodren were connected through Britta’s channeler magic - there is an attraction between them. This is where the book kind of lost me. I understood the connection between Britta and Aodren but I felt like the introduction of a love triangle wasn’t necessary. I’m not a big fan of triangles to begin with, especially when one of the couples have such a strong connection. This tension didn’t compliment the book and the structure that Summerill had created. If this was never introduced I would have probably enjoyed the book more. While I appreciated the presence of Aodren and his character, I was not a fan of the love triangle.

Final Thoughts

Overall, Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill was a great second book. Her writing style really created a great plot and amazing details. The problems presented are not linear and give the story a necessary depth. I absolutely love Britta and Cohen, along with the new characters that were introduced with this book. While I wasn’t a fan of the love triangle presented, this book was still very enjoyable. I recommend this book for those who enjoyed Ever the Hunted and a great fantasy storyline.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account