Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Eve & Adam certainly starts out with a bang! Literally! I was hooked from the very first sentence. Although I was also quite disturbed since Eve’s leg gets ripped clean off, but aside from that, this book is awesome. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely a great, fun, unique read.

This is a rare case where I wished for Disappearing Parent Syndrome. Well, Eve’s dad is dead, but her mom…OMG, she is Satan! I hated her immediately and just wanted her to shut up and go away. I guess being a bitch comes along with being an uber rich, uber important scientist though. I normally enjoy evil characters, but she had no known motivation, which made her just frustrating rather than interesting.

Solo, you are a creep! A super smart creep, but still a creep. His chapters are interesting, and he becomes less creepy as the story moves forward. At first his connection to the Adam Project isn’t clear at all, and I couldn’t figure out why he was so adamant about bringing Terre Spiker down (aside from her being a crazy bitch of course). But all is revealed close to the end, and it’s kind of a shock!

Aislin, the BFF, is a total mess and I suppose she was the catalyst for the big reveal about Eve’s medical situation. However, her plot in general was really random and felt out of place. It all involves her gang-banger boyfriend and other thugs running lose in San Francisco and money drops. By the end I failed to see the point of her plot. As a character though, I really like Aislin. She’s the opposite of Eve in almost every way and provided some great comic relief.

I don’t have anything to say about Eve, so let’s get to the plot. I loved it! I am a huge fan of science in books, so of course I was completely engrossed in this one! Genetics isn’t my strong suit, but I understand enough. Is what Terra’s company doing possible? I have no clue, but it sure makes for an entertaining read! Oh, and of course creating the perfect male specimen is all kinds of fun, too!

All in all, Eve and Adam is a super fun, sci-fi book. I love the science and the technology, and the possibilities that this book presents. It’s a very fast read, and I’d recommend it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account