Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm not sure how I feel about this one...

Eve and Adam is kind of like The Adoration of Jenna Fox, which I absolutely adored (like the name says I would). But, where the story about Jenna Fox seemed more real, Eve and Adam seemed almost too big of a concept to wrap your head around.

One thing that made it hard for me to like this book: the characters. I didn't particularly care for hardly any of the few introduced, they all seemed so flat and lifeless. Eve and her mother are both perfectionists, while Eve is pretty nice but stiff, her mother has seriously got something stuck up somewhere (if you know what I mean). Solo was kind of cool, except for the fact that he just randomly falls in love? Like, what? I didn't buy that romance at all (which doesn't even show up until the back half). Eve's friend was kind of fun, but she was also pretty dumb and I got pretty mad at the mistake's she was making (because no one else would).

The action: just showed up in the end. Literally. Not there, and then all of a sudden: BOOM.

There were a lot of weird things happening seemingly for no reason but never get explained in the end. One that really bothered me was: in the beginning, Eve gets hit, and she makes this huge deal about seeing an apple and how that's the reason why she got hit...because she was looking at an apple. I thought the apple would later play some type of importance, but not yet.

I don't know if I'll read the next one, probably just to see if the first book in the series had just been an introductory and the rest gets better.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account