Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Paranormalcy series is complete guilty pleasure, and by all common sense, I should probably hate these books, but I don’t—quite the opposite. I might be slightly embarrassed to like Endlessly and its prequels as much as I do, but I’ll probably get over myself.

Because it terms of fluffy beach reads with engaging plots that honestly have zero literary merit, Endlessly and its companions ranks pretty high up there. The quirky girliness and pink-obsession are honestly too cute for me to care extensively about, well, any of this books faults—and it has many.

With all that in mind, I’m sad to say that Endlessly is not the best book in this series, and I was somewhat disappointed by it.

My main issue with Endlessly was that this book’s plot felt very clumsy. In order to go from point A to point B, White had a lot of ground to cover, and she had to shove a lot of stuff into less than 400 pages. I don’t think it would have been a good idea to split this into two novels, but maybe a few of the subplots could have been dropped.

Endlessly was also the first time Evie’s character bothered me, which was surprising because her shallow Mary Sue-ness was never an issue before. I can’t say why, exactly, but I think it had to do with her wishy-washy behavior towards Reth, her faerie ex, and Jack, the amusing human from the faerie realms. She spent the first two books hating those characters, but in Endlessly she suddenly decided they were friends? I wasn’t convinced.

White did include some interesting and praiseworthy moments in terms of relationships, like this:

”I am what I should be. I’m what I want to be. And I could never be with someone or love someone who didn’t love me and accept me for who I am now.”

That’s great. I love that Evie said that. However it almost felt like an afterthought White threw out to keep the rabid Evie-haters at bay, and it probably won’t work.

In any case, while I don’t think that Endlessly quite lived up to the standard set by Paranormalcy and Supernaturally, it definitely wasn’t the worst book I’ve ever read. It had its moments, and I enjoyed most of it. Evie’s character was still cute, her relationship with Lend was good, and altogether, I think any fan of the series will probably be satisfied with Endlessly.

Verdict: I was disappointed by this book, but on the scale of things I wasn’t very disappointed. The Paranormalcy series is still a solid bit of entertaiment, and I’ve enjoyed the light and fluffy journey Kiersten White takers her readers on. Best thing I’ve ever read? No. But I could have done much worse.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account