Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
With current gas prices predicted to rise, Empty seemed timely. Every day we hear about the rise in gas prices, causing the prices of about everything to go higher as well. We hear discussions about alternative energy sources and about research, but will it be too alte.

Set in the not too distant future, the gas is running out and the world as we know it is starting to end. With out electricity what would people do without their cell phones, mp3 players, tables, ereaders, even the Internet? I enjoyed the Barcode Tattoo by Weyn and looked forward to reading this book.

What makes this book unnerving is the fact that oil will run out and we need to start using more alternative energy sources. Our society is very dependent on oil for our daily living.

The downside of the novel is that it is so short. Being a quick read, I flew though the pages wanting to find out what would happen next. The novel reaches its climax and then rushes to the ending, I wanted to read more. I feel that there was more to tell about the characters and how they cope with the obstacles in front of them. I wanted to know more about what happens to the main characters and the United States.

The plus side- the novel provides a great opportuni for discussion on the topics on energy conservation and alternative energy resources.
Good Points
Timely story
Fast pace
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 10, 2013
Sounds like a very enlightening read
February 25, 2015
This book surprised me. I really liked it.
2 results - showing 1 - 2