N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Vanessa

Summary: Liz is a victim of a hit-and-run driver. Unfortunately, she passes away. When she wakes up she's in a place that she can only be dreaming about. The place is called Elsewhere and everything there is kind of like Earth but at the same time not like it at all. People on Elsewhere get younger instead of older. However, it's still like Earth in the sense that you have friends and family and a job. Betty is Liz's grandmother whom she never met until now. Liz meets other people who become great friends. Liz may have thought at the beginning of her arrival to Elsewhere that she'd never get used to this new "life" but as time goes on, she learns she loves it.

My Review (no spoilers): This was a charming tale of coming-of-age. Liz is a believable character and I think I would act just like her if what happened to her happened to me. I'd be depressed and want my old life back. I really liked Betty, she's very alive and she just wants to help Liz get used to Elsewhere. Thandi was funny and a good friend. I liked all the characters a lot. The boy in the story was really cute to Liz. The plot is probably my favorite part, I've never read a book about the afterlife and this was a different way to look at it. I really liked this book although sometimes I found somethings not important that I don't want to reveal because they contain spoilers. Whenever I was reading I was asking myself what about this and what about that. Is there crime in Elsewhere? I didn't feel as though I had a good sense of how it worked and the whole aura of what Elsewhere really looked like. I wish Thandi was a more developed character and Thandi's and Liz's friendship too. I think I expected more than I got from this book. I still recommend it though.

My Thoughts (contains spoilers): Well, I liked this book, as you can tell. It's just I thought I would get so much more than I received. Owen and Liz and their problems were just a little weird for me. First he likes her, then he doesn't, then he leaves her for his wife, then he takes her back. I guess the progression is what I didn't like? I felt as though there was no point when they would in the end get back together. Also, when Liz was a Sneaker, I was just like... you're going to be saved by Owen and come back to Elsewhere. I didn't understand why Liz went to Zooey's wedding after reading the letter (it didn't make me want to go to my friend's wedding if she hadn't even gone to my funeral). I liked it, its just some things were iffy.

Reposted from whatvanessareads.wordpress.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account