Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Google, define "sophomore slump" for me, please.
"A sophomore slump or sophomore jinx refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the antithesis of a sophomore slump. Angelini steps up the action and the passion and the sizzling tension in DREAMLESS; in fact, breathing isn't an option. You'll be holding the air in your lungs and turning pages faster than you can believe.
Helen Hamilton just can't catch a break. She needs to descend into the Underworld, since she's the only one who can, and find the Furies to complete a mission she's been set on . . . but she can't control her descents and she finds herself in random and painful scenarios. She meets someone in the fiery pits of Hell named Orion.
A fierce love triangle emerges from the darkness. Helen and Lucas are taking a break, since something happened in Starcrossed and led to them breaking apart, but Helen can't keep her mind off of him.
Helen enters the Underworld in her dreams. At the beginning of the novel, I wasn't thinking this was how it was going to happen and when I found out it was, I was instantly relieved. I wasn't looking forward to a long, grueling journey where the heroine would be away from everyone in Nantucket for so long. The way Angelini did this was great.
And can I say now how much I just love the cover?! Whoever designed this cover needs a raise, because I am barely able to look at that book without mentally swooning.
Dreamless is the first HarperCollins ARC I've ever read, and it was definitely a great start.
With rich mythology and a passionate love triangle, DREAMLESS takes the intensity up to a whole new level! Be prepared to be swept off your feet.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account