Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A

Any Brigadoon fans out there? I just had a fun time reading Doon, by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. The hook is that two teen girls discover ancient rings and find themselves mysteriously transported to the magical land of Doon. The problem is, there’s an evil witch on the loose and only two weeks to stop her–and fall in love with some hunky Scottish hotties.

The raciness of Doon really pushed the envelope of what I consider to be clean teen fiction. Mentions of “girly parts” and almost sex-scenes would normally be no big deal to me, except that this book was from Blink, an imprint of the Christian publishing house Zondervan. I think teen girls would love this book, but I know some grandmas who would freak out if they knew what they had purchased at the Bible bookstore.

Luckily I’m not a grandma! I loved this book tremendously and couldn’t put it down. Hopefully publishers fix the typo on the back cover in the next edition. (I am very sympathetic to typos btw. I have made them in print too, and it feels awful.)

P.S. I received a free copy of this book from Booksneeze in exchange for my honest opinions and review.
JB
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account