Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
If I had to describe this book with just one word, it would be: intense. The dystopian world that Roth has created is truly intense. I couldn’t imagine having to pick a “faction” that would require the dedication of the rest of my, especially the factions in Divergent. I think that Tris was one of the best characters I have read in a long time. She is strong, smart, and dauntless. It was no surprise she chose to join the Dauntless faction. She belonged there more than any other recruit. Then there was Four. Smoldering, complicated Four. Their complicated relationship was wonderful. I loved that they were equals. They fed off one another’s strengths. It was a very believable path towards a relationship.
I thought the overall plot of the book was fantastic. It was a little slow at first, but it picked up quickly. There were plenty of terrifying twists and turns throughout Tris’s time in the Dauntless headquarters. However, the tension was slow building; but when it exploded, it hit the fan. At times, I was a little frustrated with the slow building tension, but I appreciate its purpose. It was a slow and steady building climax. The ending was a bit unresolved, in my opinion. There was a huge climatic event that didn’t seem to have much resolved, but I know that’s because the next book is going to begin in the middle of some kick butt action. Overall, this was a good read, but I think book two will be better.
Good Points
Complicated characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account