N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A great choice to read this.

The story is about Beatrice Prior, who lives in the dystopian future of Chicago, Illinois. Every 16 year old must make a choice what faction (group of people) would they dedicate their lives to forever. For Tris (She renames herself), it’s a heartbreaking choice to leave her family. The choice she resolved surprised everyone. She chose a faction where people risk their lives to do something that involves courage and determination. As she encounters each stage of the initiation, she discovers a horrible secret that might unfold what seems to be a perfect dystopia.

This is my first time to read a dystopian novel. AND IT WAS GREAT! I have second thoughts about this when I first looked at it on a bookstore, and after buying it, I never regretted the decision to take it! I finished it in just a day (Which is so rare for me). What kept me unguarded were the mystery, thrill, and excitement. It was a perfect example of what I see of Earth in an alternate universe. Everybody says it’s better than Hunger Games and Matched though I think not really (I haven’t read those two; it’s still on my “to-read” list). But it was 100% perfect! Roth brings up what makes a dystopian novel so thrilling and full of action. Even though the novels full of heartbreaking scenarios, Roth fills it up with wit and romance.

The story was perfect. I imagined many things at once if the world would be like this. And Tris is great example of a heroine. She’s smart, strong, kind, and determined. She never let’s anyone control her, even her family. And her friends make one hell of a company. Christine knocked my feet off with her jokes and with Will and Al for their strong support in the story. My favourite part of the novel was the part were Tris’s mom save her from the brainwashed soldiers. It was so full of hope and thrill, but was cut early by an unfortunate event. And the romance part was great. It slows up all the hype and lets the characters unfold themselves on their soft part. The action was great! Guns and combat, it’s like watching a Matrix movie or something like that. The thrill creeps up on me every time a chapter begins. Those antagonists are written perfectly. I hate them! That should be the point. Antagonists are not to be loved, they’re to be hated. It really checks up on me if I still hate those bad-ass enemies.

This novel rocked my world. It still does. It now inspires me to reach up to those dystopian novels and read it. I thought it was bad, but it wasn’t. It was like a teenager’s ordinary day, where their Sweet Sixteen will make them choose the life they want, and then they continue to make their lives meaningful, and the part where the initiation rites are like rites when you want to join a club, set aside the dangerous games. You’d love this if you read it. Choices are good, but don’t have doubts on this book. It’s as good as a freshly baked chocolate-chip cookies. Be sure to check out your nearest bookstore and grab a copy of this thrilling debut.

Recommending to readers of Hunger Games, and those who, like me, haven’t read Dystopian novels.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account