Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Defiance was really addictive at the beginning, I was hooked on every page, the characters and plot were well defined. The writing style with the shifting of characters was really well thought out at the beginning, and it was pretty easy to picture Logan and Rachel with the descriptions written. But as the book wore on, the entire characters changed, especially Rachel, who went a bit mad with grief from her dad and Oliver, and the power of the package. Logan didn't get as bad as Rachel, but he also changed dramatically, both good and bad.

I loved how Rachel was so very strong and independent at the beginning, with knowing how to fight and rebelling against the Commander. She took things upon herself to do things that most women, and men, wouldn't dream of doing. When Oliver died, she changed so much, and she relied on Logan a lot more, I started to dislike her a tiny bit. I expected her to react differently, but she did it in completely the opposite way.

I loved the Cursed One. It was good the author introduced this, well, 'character'. It not only added another complication for Rachel and Logan, but brought reason to their actions, as well as the Commander's. I thought that what was in the package was obvious, and I think it would of been cooler if it was something more mysterious.

Defiance was a great dystopian world, with good characters, and a well-thought out plot. The writing style is great, with the switching POVs. I think the characters get blurred, but otherwise it is great.
Good Points
-The start was great, I loved how Rachel was fighting the Commander so strongly. She was such a strong heroine at the beginning.
-Love the idea of the Cursed One, but I kept thinking that if they killed the other ones, then they could surely kill this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account