Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
C.J. Redwine's DEFIANCE is one of most amazing debuts I have read this year. Her writing and world building is phenomenal and pulls you right into the story. The timing is perfectly paced and there are no slow moments. Once you start reading, prepare yourself for a late evening because you won't be able to put this book down.

As a heroine, Rachel is one of the best. I found myself pulling for her right from the beginning. I don't see how you couldn't. She has many obstacles to overcome and she is in survival mode the entire time. I never saw her lose faith or determination even when it seemed like she was losing everything. She draws on her experiences and her love for the people close to her to find strength to carry on. Her emotions even brought me to tears a couple of times.

I loved that Logan's point of view was included as well. He is a downright good guy. And wow is he smart and clever! His point of view helped tie all the pieces of the story together so there were no missing gaps of wondering what was happening to him when he wasn't with Rachel. His loyalty to Rachel's family is real and authentic. I found myself rooting for him the entire time as well.

DEFIANCE is a thrilling and original story. Your heart will be pounding up in your throat several times and your stomach may do a couple of flips too. All worth it though! I can't wait to see where C.J. Redwine takes this story next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account