Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Renée Winters has had a terrible 16th birthday.
She finds her parent's dead bodies in the forest, dying from what seems like a heart attack.
After having to go live with her rich Grandpa and enrolling in a remote private school she realizes that her parent's death may not be as it seems and that there is more strange going ons at her new school...

This book had what I consider "YA book syndrome"
It's when a book follows one of the following plot lines...

A. After a tragedy (could be a family death,close encounter to death, or even a divorce) a girl moves to a new town (and usually ends up at a boarding school). While she's at school she meets the school's hottest guy, who is absolutely perfect in every way. But the guy has a secret...he's actually a *insert supernal creature here*

B.Instead of the girl moving to a new town, a flawlessly and incredibly hot guy becomes a new student at her school. Oh and he happens to be keeping a secret...
(I'll give you a hint, he's a supernatural creature)

Now which one did this book follow?
Hmmmmmmmmmm....
If you chose A you are correct!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Since the synopsis had "YA book syndrome" written all over it I thought I wasn't going to like this book very much
but....
I actually liked this book
It was interesting. With a lot of twists and turns that keep you guessing.
Sure the book had its cliche moments and I did roll my eyes numerous times. but overall, this book was good.
Here's the best part....
NO LOVE TRIANGLE!!
HOORAY!

To point out a few things I didn't like...
*the fact that Dante is twice the age as Renee
*The cliches
*The fact that Dante has absolutely no flaws and is entirely perfect in every single way.

But overall this was an interesting read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account