Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ah, the summary doesn't really give the book justice. Sure it's good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the incredibleness of this book.
First off, I absolutely love Karou. She's just this amazing, witty girl. See for yourself:
"Well,” she mused, “I know there’s only one person you really love, and his name does start with a K. But I can think of a better place for it than your heart.” She took up her pencil and, on her last drawing of Kaz, inscribed a K right over his classically sculpted buttock.

See what I mean?
Okay, now onto the actual book.
As I have mentioned SO many times before, I LOVED this book--it's a definite 5 out of 5. The storyline is fabulous and original. It's one of those books that you pick up, read all the way through, and then when you finish you're shocked you've reached the end.
The only downside to this riveting read is that towards the end, you go to someone else's point of view--Madrigal. Karou is so love-able, that you don't WANT to switch perspectives. And when you do, you don't expect the switch to be SO long. Don't get me wrong, the chapters in Mad's perspective were great and all, but you really wanted to get back to Karou after awhile.

So yeah. If you haven't read "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Laini Taylor, go do so RIGHT NOW. That's an order! :)
Good Points
Great characters, original plotline
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account