Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Love love love. That is all I can say about this one! Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London was an absolute fabulous read that captivated me from the first page and even after I finished, I sat wishing I had more story and didn't have to wait for book 2!

I just loved the concept of Darkness Before Dawn! Vampires + Dystopian world clearly seems to be equaling a brilliant idea since this is the second one I've read this year and absolutely loved. Darkness Before Dawn is one of those books that clearly lives up to all the hype. It was enticing and awesome.

The plot was so intriguing. I really hope J. A. London explores more of the mythology behind the vampires in this trilogy, as I thought they had some more unique qualities. Between that and the forbidden romance, I was entirely intrigued. The vampires in Darkness Before Dawn are scary - which is always great. There were a few moments where I felt things got a bit too angsty, but overall I just really really enjoyed the book.

The characters are super lovely too. I loved Dawn - she was such a strong character. She has in a sense been dealt a crappy hand of cards but she doesn't let that affect her. Regardless of how her classmates treat her and the pressure of the role she's been cast in to, she still remains true to herself. Victor was another one who I really liked - he was just so genuine.

The ending of Darkness Before Dawn is just a killer. I am so antsy to see what happens next and where the story will go from here on out. Darkness Before Dawn ends with one of those OMG moments and I keep playing all the possibly continuations of the story in my head.

Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London is a book I would wholeheartedly recommend. I was in a bit of a reading slump before I read this one and this was the book to pull me out. I loved every moment and I am eagerly anticipating book 2, Blood-Kissed Sky!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account