Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ari Selkirk has always stood out, thanks to her penetrating teal eyes and unchangeable silver hair. But Ari is different beneath the surface as well, having grown up in foster care her whole life with no idea who her real parents were. Now she's looking for answers at Rocquemore House, the mental institution where her mother committed suicide years ago. She is left with only a letter from her mother with on simple message: Run .

So Ari heads to New 2, the post-hurricane remains of New Orleans, to uncover some answers. But what she finds is a city teeming with creatures she never knew existed-shape-shifters, witches and vampires, like the dangerously attractive Sebastian. Sword-wielding monster hunters also make their way to New 2, and one of them almost succeeds in killing Ari. As she finds sanctuary with Sebastian and a group of young people with "special" abilities, she also gets closer to finding out just how powerful she really is. Even the residents of New 2 are frightened by her. Will Ari be able to handle the secret that has haunted her since birth?

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, and honestly I was a bit leery. The words "part Twilight" came up and I thought, oh man, not another one...

But I did not think it was "part Twilight." It does an amazing job standing all on it's own. The Greek Mythology weaved through it floored me. I always loved that subject in school, it fascinated me, and this book just brings it home. I don't want to give too many details because I don't want to give the "surprise" away, but oh man was I taken by surprise! The ending blew me away.

I love how kick butt Ari is. I really liked how strong she is and how grounded she is. Even though she has had a rough past, she is still able to connect with the reader.

I loved all of the supporting characters as well. I loved how funky and unique they all are, especially Violet. And quite honestly, I don't recall anything I really disliked from the book! I felt that the book was quickly paced, I never got bored and I found myself not wanting to put it down.

So, if you love Greek Mythology, love a girl who can kick butt, and love a little romance thrown in on the side, go get this book NOW! 4/5 stars!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account